This weekend was busy but was a lot of fun. Friday B, E and Nick and I all got our new beds. The furniture store came and set them up for us. It is so nice to have nice furniture for everyone! B got bunk beds and was in heaven. He even got to break them in with a sleepover. One of his friends came over Friday night and spent the night. We all went out to supper even. Taking 6 people out to supper is a big chore. Wow...it is amazing how different one person makes. We had to wait longer for a table even. The kids were great and it was so much fun so it is always worth it!!
Saturday we had Santa pictures. This is an annual event between the King's and the Otto's. We always meet super early so that we can be one of the first in line. It is better to be first in line so the kids don't have to wait too long. I was there way too early but was the 1st in line. Patsy and Graham weren't far behind me. I brought a movie so the kids could watch a movie in the van while Patsy and I waited in line. Graham hung out in the van with the kids, Thanks Graham!! It was quite the adventure. First, Santa pulled up next to my van in his PT Cruiser and the kids were able to see him. They thought it was so neat!! Then, Patsy and I were able to get our numbers and get the kids out of the van. We had the 1st 3 spots so we could get family shots and then a cousin shot as well. E has always been my timid one when it comes to Santa. B always ran right up to him and told him everything and anything he wanted for Christmas. I tried bribing E with treats, toys or anything else I could think of to get her to take a picture with Santa. When we got inside the store she was not having it. She put on the breaks and my friend Kristen had to carry around for a little while. Sean went first for pictures. He did fabulous. He had so much fun and loved every second of it. Then it came time for the cousin photo. B ran right in and was pumped to tell Santa what he wanted. C got set on Santa's lap and immediately started screaming. E did the loose body thing and refused to get near Santa. The first picture I am in because I was dragging E into the shot....What a mom forcing her child to do something she hates just for a picture!! I finally yelled at her and told her to JUST DO IT!! The photographer moved a stool next to B and E sat there with her pout face on. It was classic. B and Sean are smiling and thrilled to be there, C is screaming and E is pouting. Does it get any better than that. When it came turn for a photo opt of my kids E finally did crack a smile but she still wouldn't look at Santa. C was relieved when I finally picked him up. Oh the joys of holiday pictures!!
After pictures Patsy and Graham took C with them so I could take B and E to the H1N1 flu clinic. They were holding the clinic at one of the high schools in town. It was pure madness when we arrived. I couldn't believe the line. It was LONG! We got in line and slowly made our way to the entrance. I was so impressed with my kids. They did great having to wait for over an hour for the flu mist. Thank goodness they could get the mist and not a shot! I was even able to get one so that was great!!
We spent the rest of the weekend starting to decorate for Christmas. We have some lights up outside but need to buy more. I think they make the strands smaller and smaller every year so that you have to spend more money every year. Oh well...the tree is up and we will decorate it tonight. Then I will try to get the rest of the decorating done this week.
B woke up with the flu in the middle of the night. Why does it always hit in the middle of the night? Nick and I jumped out of bed and had to strip our sheets, comforter and everything else because of course he didn't make it to the bathroom. My poor husband took one for the team and was woken up by vomit all over him! We now have the comforter at the dry cleaners and the carpet cleaners coming tomorrow! Ah the joys of sick kids. My poor buddy though. He hasn't kept anything down all day and is just miserable. He is now starting to run a slight temp. I am hopeful that we can get past this without anyone else getting sick. We are heading to Michigan on Wednesday night to spend Thanksgiving with Alli! Please send some healthy vibes our way!!
You can check out santa pictures online at Quality 1 Hour Photo. Go to view pictures online. Then find Saturday Santa. We should be on the first page of pictures. I believe my nephew Sean starts at picture 5 and we are shortly after him. Enjoy!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
3 comments:
Way to take one for the team Nick! Poor B!! No fun!!! Prayers no one else gets sick before Wednesday!
those santa pictures are like ours - Kalo hates going to see santa - he freezes up! Really, he is a bit frightening if you think about it - big man in a red suit? My sister was always scared of him too - all our pictures have her pouting or screaming - they are hilarious!! and, she still says she's creeped out by him :) hope all are feeling good by wed - you need to stock pile some zofran at your house!
Those pictures are fantastic! I love the arms-crossed, pouty face! I think the cousins picture is perfect because you've got two kids that are absolutely loving the whole Santa experience and two that aren't.
Tom was all about Santa when I was little and I was pretty freaked out about it until I was about five or six.
Perfect! They are adorable!
Post a Comment