Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Developmental Delay
We have been meeting with ECSE for a month now. C has been evaluated, observed and tested by a few people including a speech therapist. I had a meeting with the team this afternoon and it has been determined that C does have a developmental delay in his communication. What this means is that he is below average on where he is suppose to be at his age. They are going to be coming to our house once or twice a week to work with C to get him talking. This is great news! I am so glad that I was not told that I just have to give it time. I am glad that our pediatrician listened to my concerns at C's 15 month appointment. C doesn't say anything right now. He babbles some but that is what a 8 month old does. I can tell that he gets frustrated that he can't talk to us or tell us what he really wants. When he needs something he whines, cries or tries to pull me to what he wants. It is frustrating for all of us. I am so glad that he is going to have some help and maybe we can get some words out of him before he is two!! The team of people that will work with him have great ideas on how to get him talking. They know what they are doing because they do this every day. I can't wait to see the improvement. I am sure C will be so happy to be able to tell us what he wants!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I am so glad that they are able to help him. They can do wonders, and you will be amazed! It just proves that us moms need to follow our gut and never give up.
way to be a proactive momma! I have had so many patients like him but few parents like you :( He'll do great and you'll be amazed how he'll do - hang in there!
Post a Comment