We started our trek to Michigan on Wednesday night at 5:30pm. The kids did great! We stopped for Subway in Byron. The kids got to watch movies all night. At about 9pm we shut off the movies and they all fell asleep. By 12:00am we made it to our stop in Rockford IL for the night. It was a quick night. C didn't think he needed to go back to bed because he slept in the car. He was up in his pack n play until 3:00am. Nick drove the whole night so I stayed up with C. Nick needed the sleep more than I did. I just wish C thought he needed sleep too ;) We were up at 5:00am, packed, fed and on the road by 7am. We made it to Okemos MI by 1:00pm eastern time. We were so excited to see Auntie Alli. The kids did amazing on the drive. Charlie slept the whole way from Rockford...LITTLE STINKER! Nick drove the whole way and I was able to knit a hat for E.
We spent Thanksgiving at Alli's apartment. We didn't do anything but talk, relax and play with the kids. Alli bought a Wii and B was in Heaven playing it all afternoon. We had ravioli for supper. It was one of the best Thanksgivings ever!! I really just enjoyed being able to spend time with Alli. We played the Wii and watched football. I don't think it could've gotten any better. We did miss everyone back in Mankato. Poor mom was sick and in bed on Thanksgiving. I am sure they enjoyed a more quiet Thanksgiving at the Peterson house without the craziness that the Otto Clan brings ;)
Friday morning Alli and I got up and went shopping. It was so much fun! We didn't get up super early. We headed out shopping by 7am. It was crazy out with all the people but everyone was very nice. I was able to get almost all of my Christmas shopping finished. Nick stayed with the kids for the morning and we brought him lunch. I really enjoyed my time alone with Alli. We took the kids to Chucke Cheese's for supper. They had a blast but talk about overload! They were so over stimulated that it was hard to get them to bed last night. There were a few melt downs but we take them in stride since we are at Auntie Alli's.
This morning Alli and I got up early to wait in line for my final Christmas present for B. We were up by 5:00am eastern time and were 5th in line. It was perfect! Then we went to Starbucks for breakfast and hot chocolate. What a great morning without kids! Now we are just enjoying our last few hours with Auntie Alli until we have to start our trek home!
We have loved every second in Michigan and can't wait for Alli to come home for Christmas! The kids have soaked up every second they could get of Auntie Alli. They have wanted nothing to do with mommy and daddy. C was even head over heels for Auntie Alli. As soon as he saw her he melted and has followed her every where! It is so sweet to see how much my kids love my sister. We will definitely do this trip again. I hope the ride home goes as smoothly as the ride here!! I will post pictures when we get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment