As a daycare provider I am suppose to have an emergency action plan written down for the slim chance that I will ever have to use it. Well I guess the licensors don't know me ;) I had to put that plan into action today!
I was fixing lunch for the kids (peanut butter and jelly sandwich, peaches and carrots). My can opener was not working properly and I couldn't get the can of peaches to open. I decided that I would take a knife to try and bend the top of the can. I thought this would help me get to the peaches better. Well it did but I slipped and the jagged lid cut my finger! OUCH!! Thank God I was on the phone with Misty at the time. I think I would have passed out otherwise. I got out the first aid kit and tried to fix myself up as best as I could. Well my finger was really bleeding and I thought I was going to pass out. I called my dad and both my mom and him headed over. I had 7 kids eating lunch not knowing what was happening at all. I am so glad that my dad is a doctor and it was his day off! He helped me wrap it up tight and mom helped with the kids. It worked out perfectly! Of course this all happens while Nick is in Nebraska for work. I don't need stiches but my need glue if the bleeding doesn't stop. I really know how to cut my fingers well! We are leaving for the Dell's tomorrow so I am sure my finger will feel really good in chlorine water :|
1 comment:
HOLY MOLY!! What made you think a knife was the best plan!! :) Gees, bet that made you feel like a heal! :) HA HA!!! All joking aside, I'm so glad that your parents were able to come help and the kids were all eating. Thank God for small favors!! Have a great time at the Dells!!
Randa
Post a Comment