Where does the time go? Charlie was 6 months old on the 9th! It is hard to believe that he is already 6 months old. We had a busy week this past week. Braeden and Emma were sick on Wednesday. Thursday morning I took Charlie in for his 6 month appointment. We saw a different pediatrician and I love him! He made me feel so much better about everything. He sat with me for an hour talking about everything I had questions on. We talked about Charlie's spitting up and he isn't concerned with it. He said as long as he is growing in an upward curve he isn't concerned. He said that the prevacid is not FDA approved for children under the age of 1. Nick and I immediately threw it all out and decided to see how Charlie does without it. The doctor said that we can come in once a month for weight checks if we want but it isn't necessary. He said he will see us at his 9 month check up and see how he is growing then. I felt so much better about everything. I was getting really stressed about feeding him and making sure he was gaining weight. He looks so good and doesn't look like a sickly little boy. He is just small. The doctor reassured me that someone has to be small so that they can get the growth curve for all babies. I feel so much more relaxed about everything.
Charlie at 6 months:
Height: 25 1/2 inches - 19th percentile
Weight: 14lbs 12oz - 8th percentile
Head: 17 1/4 inches - 50th percentile
Thursday night Braeden still wasn't better so I took him to the doctor. He had strep throat. They checked me out too and I had it as well. I even had a fever while I was there. I guess I was more worried about everyone else that I didn't even think of myself. Friday was spent taking care of sick kids and day care kids. The day couldn't end fast enough!! Saturday we spent the day putting up the Christmas decorations. Patsy and Graham took Braeden and Emma overnight. The kids had a blast and Nick and I were able to have a nice evening with Charlie. The weekends go by way to quickly!! We are now getting ready for our Wisconsin Dells trip on Friday. We are all excited to get out of Mankato for the weekend!!

Ali came over on Thursday to help me with my sick kids!! Thanks Ali!!

Charlie eating his first graham cracker!
No comments:
Post a Comment