Sunday, June 30, 2013
Grandma Otto
I write this with great sadness. Grandma Otto passed away unexpectedly on Saturday. I received a phone call from Lindsey that something had happened and she was heading to grandmas. I had just finished frosting the wedding cakes for the day so started to clean up and wait to hear. She called and said it wasn't good so we all headed to be with her. Braeden was in a swim meet so he was not with us. Nick, Emma and Charlie met me at Grandma's. I feel terrible bringing them with and having them witness the end of Grandma's life. It is unknown if she had a stroke or a seizure but we are grateful we were able to be with her to comfort her. The last few months have been difficult for Grandma. She was lonely and really missing Grandpa Otto. We knew this but made extra points to call and visit. We love her so and will miss her so much. She was the glue to the Otto family and now we all just have to make sure we carry on all her great traditions. My last conversation with Grandma was of her telling me how proud she was of me and what a wonderful business I have started. She was thrilled at all my hard work, inspiration and creativity. We were so blessed to have had so much time with her, family dinners, lake events, birthdays and just special grandma visits. This is going to be such a hard week! My friends have stepped up huge. I don't know how my weddings got set up on Saturday but they did. I was able to pull it together and do two set-ups. My friend Rochelle was by my side the entire time. Then went back to my store to work on cake pops. She is a rock star! My friend Annie has been here doing random crap for the last few days and is going to continue to help the rest of the week. I am running with Patsy in the morning and looking forward to some sister therapy. I found these pictures from just a few weeks ago. What great memories we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment