Thursday, January 17, 2013
Life Lessons
I feel like every day a new lesson is learned. There are always happy ones followed by sad ones which seem so unfair. My dad's best friend was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer right before Christmas. I feel like we are reliving a terrible dream that happened when my dad's brother, Charley, was diagnosed with it. Cancer sucks and everyones life will forever be changed. It is awful watching dad be so sad and anxious about all of this. Everyone is so strong and so positive so we are all staying hopeful but dad knows so much and it just breaks your heart to watch him be so sad. His best golfing buddy is now doing radiation and will miss the golf trip. This annual golf trip is now not the same without his buddy. Then you can see his pain when he talks about going to Hawaii for a few weeks because his best friend went with them the last 2 years. Life sucks and as mean as this sounds and as happy as I am that this is not my dad watching the family go through this is just as awful. I HATE cancer but not sure if anyone has ever said they liked it so I know I am not alone. Watching my dad go through losing a brother was the worst but watching him lose a best friend to the same thing seems so much more unfair. Especially when his friend shares a name with his brother. Its awful! Life definitely throws curve balls that I will never understand but one thing I do know is that I need to live each day more for the moment and not for tomorrow. Yes tomorrow is a new day but today was the day that counts! Love you all! I don't see many of you and know that I don't talk to all of you either but know you are loved, thought of and remembered daily! Please send lots of prayers to Mankato Minnesota this year. We sure could use them. A miracle would be fabulous as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment