Saturday, December 15, 2012
Heartache
I just need to post this to talk through what happened yesterday. Life as a parent is hard. I remember when we brought Braeden home from the hospital watching news stories about kids dying from doing stupid things they saw on TV. I would say to him you aren't going to do that because you are going to be smarter than they are, but in reality kids are just curious. As the kids have grown we worry all the time. Does the worrying ever stop? I am guessing never. I am sure my parents still worry about us constantly and now have grandkids to worry about as well. What has this world come to? This was a safe place. We are the land of the free. These awful shootings and terrible tragedies are only things that we heard about happening in other countries. They aren't suppose to happen here. WHY? How can we shelter our kids from this? Can I build a safe house and never let them out? What do they learn if I do that? I am so devastated for all the families in Connecticut. I can't imagine the horror that those poor babies experienced while sitting doing fun activities at school. I instantly think of my babies. I don't know how you over come something like this. Should we home school? This is so awful! Why do we have to worry about all of this? Not only do we have to worry about the sick child predators but now psychos that going on a shooting rampage that kill innocent victims. I am devastated and can't come to terms with this. Why here in the land of the free? WHY? This is so awful! My prayers go out to all the families that have to bury their babies right before Christmas. This is an awful tragedy and this world needs to change. Something needs to be done about guns and how to protect our babies in their schools. I would be happy to sit on a focus group to figure all of this out and how to make schools safer. I hugged my babies a lot tighter yesterday. Braeden is 9 1/2, Emma 7 and Charlie 4. This happened to babies their age. My heart hurts and I am so blessed my babies are safe but this could happen any where.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment