Last weekend we spent all day Saturday putting up the Christmas tree and hanging lights outside. Mom and I worked on the tree while the boys did the lights outside. Dad and I first had to get the tree up and put all the lights on. It is always a comical event at the Peterson House! Moods are scary so bite your tongue. Don't say the wrong thing or you will be in big trouble. I told Nick Friday to get his happy pants on because we were doing Christmas lights outside on Saturday. He was a trooper and stuck to it until it was done. I was quite impressed. My dad even assisted in the outside lights. He hasn't put lights outside since all us kids moved out. The house looks great and the tree always looks amazing! Mom hung all the stockings and had to add 3 more this year! It is so fun to see all the stockings hung up. Mom got the 3 additional ones made this week.
Yesterday we were fortunate to be stuck inside all day long. The kids got to experience a true Minnesota blizzard! It was nuts outside. Some people lost power and everything was closed. You know it is bad when they close Walmart! I felt a little claustrophobic when Walmart closed. It was like panic appeared. What if we needed something??? I decided to bake Christmas cookies. I was mixing them up in the basement and carrying them upstairs batch by batch to the oven. Charlie was watching me and loving every second, until he slipped off his stool and hit his chin on the Cambria countertop! I thought he just bit his tongue so cuddled him a little and he was fine. I went back to baking and then noticed blood all over his shirt. I checked him out and noticed he split his chin open. Man...if it isn't one thing it is another. Thankfully we live at mom and dad's because I was able to just walk upstairs and have dad look at it. He got out his medical glue and fixed Charlie right up. I am glad we didn't have to venture to the ER to get it fixed! The plows were pulled early in the morning so nothing was plowed and we could barely see across the road!! It was crazy but fun to have a day where we HAD to stay home and get things done. Last night at supper the kids commented to Papa how there was so much snow on the deck. Papa told them that they would have to get up early to help him shovel it all off the deck. This morning I could hear the kids awake. When I went to check on them they had their snow gear on and were ready to go help Papa shovel. Braeden said "Papa told us we needed to help right away in the morning. He is already outside shoveling without us!" My dad was snow blowing the driveway and the kids could hear him. The one time the kids actually listened and followed through with wanting to help. I had to quickly say Papa was just joking with them. It was -15 degrees this morning so there was no way the kids were venturing outside to shovel!! Too cute!
Check out the snow on the sliding glass door! The snow has drifted pretty bad on the deck. The kids are going to help Papa shovel!
Oh how I dream of the summer and can't wait to use the pool again!!
View out the front door. The drifts made it look like you could just walk right out onto the driveway! Unfortunately there are 3 steps that are all covered up.
No comments:
Post a Comment