Nick and I made the trip back to KS on Thursday to pack up the house and get everything to MN. We are so grateful that my parents are letting us move in the basement for this transition period. We are moving from a 5 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom basement. Most everything we own is in storage but we did have to bring some things to the basement. The kids bedroom looks like a lot of fun. They have a lot of their toys in it. We set up the bunk beds and then the toddler bed for Charlie. I took a picture last night of them all sleeping. They look so peaceful. We are all going to learn how to share smaller spaces that is for sure. We all get some personal space and that is called your bed!! Positive thinking is going to make this all workout just fine. A time line and a date on my calendar when I will get to move out is what will make this time even better! We are working on that date!!
I really enjoyed my summer in KS! I was glad that we got to endure the 5th hottest summer on record since they were keeping record. I am going to miss taking the kids to the fountain parks, water parks and just hanging out in our backyard. We were introduced to some new bugs, birds and rodents!! Everything is just a little bigger in the south. For all of you that think spiders in Mankato are big you need to spend a day in KS. The spiders that came through our house were huge!! At least they couldn't sneak up on me because I could see them coming from across the house!! We can't forget all the baby frogs we had in our yard when we first moved in either. They were so tiny and every where. Emma wouldn't even walk in the grass because she was afraid she would step on one! They infested our grass and it was DISGUSTING!! We found out it was from all the moisture in the grass. Solved the frog problem by not watering the lawn anymore. We went from green pretty grass to patchy green brown grass. Our water bill was outrageous until we shut off the sprinkler. Green grass is so overrated anyway!! We quickly learned that a lot of people in KS felt the same way!! On our drive back to MN I noticed it got a lot greener the more North we went. I guess the Northern states got a lot more rain this summer than we did!!
We are adjusting to our new space and it will take some time. I assume we will just get settled and then be moving again. Such is life and we are getting really good at packing and unpacking, purging and living with as little as we need!! We hope to see all our friends in Mankato soon but still need some time to get unpacked. To all our KS friends we will miss our visits terribly!! We will be back to play!!
No comments:
Post a Comment