Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Big Changes!!!

We have made some big decisions in the last week. I had gotten an interview for a great job in KS last week. My second interview was set up for this week. Nick and I had lots of hearts to hearts about what we wanted as a family and what we wanted individually. Nick got offered his job back at Westman Freightliner. He was excited to hear from everyone and hear how much he was missed. This all happened so fast. Westman wanted Nick to start Monday. A decision was made and we moved home to MN. We packed the house Thursday in KS and left Friday morning. It is a whirlwind in our life right now. We had to make some HUGE sacrifices!! We are living in my parents basement for the time being. We have two homes in Mankato and we can't move into either of them because they are rented. We have lease agreements on both homes so we are stuck without a house at the moment. With the market the way it is we aren't about to buy another home and get stuck!! So here we are at my mom and dad's basement a place I said I never EVER wanted to be....EVER!! We didn't have many other options. We also signed a lease in KS so we are working on getting our home rented there. I don't suggest these decisions on anyone. We are so lucky to have a very supportive family! I don't know what I would do without my parents and sisters. Dean and Mary have been a big help as well. I guess you don't realize what you have until you move. It is nice to have all the support here. I just have to get use to having everyone in my space, life and decisions. That has never been my favorite and I really enjoyed being 650 miles away from all the...expectations and opinions. We are all making adjustments. Poor Braeden went to school in KS for 3 days and then has summer break again. We feel that our decision is best for our family. We believe God offered Nick this job again as an answer to our questions on what we were suppose to do in our life. This too shall pass and we shall get through all of this. I am fortunate now to not have to work at the moment. I am going to be spending my time with my kids and helping them through these adjustments. Braeden will be going to Franklin Elementary School. Auntie Patsy helped us with these decisions and we feel he has a wonderful second grade teacher! We will meet her on September 2nd. We have spent the last few days surrounded by family and getting adjusted again. I haven't been ready to call everyone and rejoice the excitement about being back. If you are reading this and this is the first you have heard about our choice I am sorry. I just haven't felt joyful yet about all of this. It has all happened so fast and I am trying to believe that this is what God's Plan is for my family. Our goal now through the end of the year is to have more positive thinking and do more family things. We are going to be visiting our relatives that live a great distance. Our first trip will be to Duluth Labor Day weekend. I am excited to spend the weekend with my sister and her family. Our next trip will be to Milwaukee to visit Nick's brother's family. We just have to set a date. Right now we are being a family and getting acquainted with our new life. We will make plans with friends again when we are settled in. We are doing well...just overwhelmed with life right now.

No comments: