Thursday, June 3, 2010
Welcome to Derby!!
We have moved and are getting all settled in. It has been a whirlwind few weeks but I think we are starting to slow down some. Friday before Memorial weekend the moving guys came and helped load all our stuff into the U-haul. Dean and Graham were with me to help assist the guys. I couldn't have done it with out them!! Thanks to my sister for loaning her husband out for the day! Thanks to Dean for all the work he has done to help us get ready for this big move. Friday night my dad and Nick Burger came over to help finish packing and get the truck to my parents house. I am so lucky to have such a great family to help me through all of this! Saturday morning we headed out of town early! It was hard to say goodbye to my nephews, sister and Graham. They headed to Duluth Saturday as well. We are all making our changes together!! My mom rode with me and the kids, Nick and Molly drove my dad's truck and dad drove the U-haul. I was so thankful to have my mom with me. It is a long drive and it always helps to have someone else to talk to. Especially since my kids can get restless and start fighting!! We made it to our new house in 11 hours! ELEVEN HOURS!! YUCK...it was an awful long drive with the U-haul, potty stops and just traffic for a holiday weekend. We made it and moods held out so that was a plus. We showed my family around the house and then headed to a late supper. The kids did great! We ate very late and didn't get back to the hotel until 10pm. They all crashed and we were able to sleep while Nick, my dad and Nick Burger met the moving guys at our house and unloaded everything. The kids, my mom, sister and I went to Target and got some things we needed there. It was perfect! We got to the house at noon and started unpacking. What a site!! There was no where to walk and it was so overwhelming to even know where to start. We pushed through and just kept laughing. Without the laughing I would've been crying. I will never give up a pantry or storage ever again!!! EVER AGAIN!! I have so much stuff and not enough places to put it. My mom and Molly were great at helping find places. My dad and the boys worked on the big things and got all of it done! I am so amazed what we accomplished in a day. I couldn't have done it without my family!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! It was so hard to say goodbye to them Monday morning. I have never lived away from my family before so this is a first. I am very excited for our new adventure but it was still hard to say goodbye. We will be back this summer! Now time to get settled in!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment