Sunday, June 13, 2010

Great Birthday and Great Friends

What a fun weekend we had. Thursday The Garvin's came to visit for the weekend. It was so much fun to have company! I was glad to celebrate my 31st birthday with them. Nick had to work on Friday so the rest of us went to a fountain park that Randa told me about. It was awesome! A lot better than the first one I went to. It was in a great neighborhood and had a beautiful park for the kids to run around. Uncle Joe was quite the guy. The kids loved running around with him. Even the other kids at the park thought he was pretty amazing. They all wanted Uncle Joe to chase them. It was so sweet. Friday night we had our first babysitter in KS. She was awesome and so sweet to the kids. Randa met the adults for supper at Abuelos and then Randa and I headed to the Tim McGraw concert. What a concert! I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate my birthday. It was so much fun!! I got great pictures and have great stories! The Garvin's and Nick checked out downtown Wichita and all the bars it has to offer while the concert was going on. I believe we all had a great night. I met up with them after the concert and we went home. Saturday morning came a little early and a little foggy but hey...it was my birthday and I had a blast!! Becky and I were able to head out of the house and shop on Saturday. It was so much fun. I hadn't been out without kids since we moved here. It was great to be able to check out some fun unique stores and have some girl time. I took her to my favorite lunch spot, Jason's Deli (Thanks Randa that will forever be my most favorite place!). I think she liked it as much as I do. Saturday night we grilled out and then had the babysitter come back so we could go out one more time with the Garvin's. We headed to Mike's Wine Dive and had a blast!! We ordered lost of wines to taste, had appetizers and dessert too. It was a perfect night. The waiter was awesome and really new his wines! What a fun place to work at!! We were sad to see our company leave this morning. We hope they have a safe ride home. Thank you so much for coming to visit us! It was so much fun seeing Wichita with them. I can't wait for our next visitors!!

1 comment:

Randa said...

OMG! I can't believe that we haven't been to Jason's yet!! Which day works for you, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday! :)

OH...remind me to talk to you about VBS!