Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I CAN SEE!!
Who knew that such a basic pleasure would be so amazing!! I have always taken being able to see for granted. I just wake up and it is just a thing that God has given us. After my retina detachment I realized how precious site is and how important it is to take care of the one set of eyes that we are given. It has been a month and a half since my surgery. Two weeks ago the doctor said I could get fitted for contacts. I went in on Tuesday June 30 and had my first fitting. I was very discouraged because I have halos around my eye. I can't see very well out of it at all. The technicians always ask me to read the letters on the wall and I can't. HOW FRUSTRATING!! I just figured that this would go away as my eye heals or when I had the right prescription. After last week I was really discouraged because the halos were worse and I couldn't see with my new prescription at all :( Then I wondered if I did the exam wrong...1 or 2, 2 or 3, 3 or 4 or 5. I hate that! What if I chose wrong? I went back to the doctor today and he put a new contact in that wasn't as high of power. I could tell immediately that I could see better! The halos decreased dramatically!! WAHOO!! I was so excited!! It is amazing to be able to see out of my eye after a month and a half of not seeing a dang thing!! Now I just have to watch the halos. The doctor said that is a sign of cataracts forming on my eye. Yep...I turned 75 not 30! Geez...cataract surgery is in my near future. Right now I am thinking positive and just enjoying being able to see out of two eyes. Just remember to go to your Ophthalmologist for your annual check-up! Wish I had been better about that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YEAH! Praying for you sister!! It'll continue to be better!
Post a Comment